Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

Memorial day was definitely memoriable this year, as every year is. The day started out bright and early, as I did my race, austin went to a meeting, and Zoee got to chill with Grandpa Heaps. After we all convened back at the homestead, we headed to Grandma Heaps grave in Orem. Her headstone was so pretty, and very well done. I cant help getting teary.. eyed especially when I see the graves of little ones passing away so young, some only day{s} old. Breaks my heart. Its wonderful to know that they went straight back to their Hevenly Father. We spent some time there, walked around the soldiers graves which were amazing! So neat to be able to look at the couple thousand names who served nobly for our Country.





 Grandma Heaps and baby love walking through the soldier crosses.
 Uncle Brad toting Zo around, she loves being high up!

 The three of us went to lunch after, then headed home. Austin went golfing with the guys, Zo and I got good naps in. Not to mention awesome blogging time {where I can actually finish a post and not put it off for hours!} Its a big deal. 

 We got a little silly with our suckers, rarely take pictures of just the two of us that are decent...these are cheesy, but I like cheesy : )
Munchkin Moo fell asleep with her sucker, ended up on her shirt. It was pretty funny, she was sticky from head to toe..you know she fully enjoyed that sucker!




Im so grateful for the noble and brave soldiers who serve{ed} our country, they make it so we can live free! I love this country, its just a privilege and honor to live in America, the home of the free and brave. Thank you, to all of you who have sacrificed your lives for this amazing country!