Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Race PR!


The Remembrance race today was GREAT! I ended up going alone, and I was somewhat OK with that. A bit bummed, but hey, I could not pass this fun race up just because i'm alone! I met a really nice lady before the race, we kept pace with each other for the first two miles. NO Ipod, instead having a great convo. with a running partner! There were 3 hills total, and in-between them we went down hill...I have never trained on hills..the biggest  & last hill of all,I slowly made the climb and had to speed walk towards the top it was SO steep! but I did it! The rest of the race I kept pace with a darling 8 year old girl {YES 8!!}. She was a speedy one.. The race had a fun ending, kids were lined up giving out high fives and cheering you on, so cute! I looked up to see what my time was.....
30.23
I had beat my time by 10 Min!! I was so proud of myself,  I really pushed to go faster, since I knew I could do better because of my training. Maybe next race Ill get in the 20's? I loaded up on watermelon, oranges, and a banana and headed home after chatting with some race friends after. 
What a great memorial day tradition!! 
{my camera was in my car..no pics of the race..darn.}