And that's exactly what she got!
Back story: When Zoee was not even two, she had a tantrum while I was getting her in her car seat.. which led to the unpredicted action her of launching herself out of my arms straight into the center console of the car. OUCH? I knew right away in my gut this was not good..and something bad had happened.. her two little baby teeth werent in there original spots and there was a lot of bleeding.. my motherly instinct was to take her to insta car or her a pediatric dentist..the one thing I will always regret is going against the instinct and giving her medicane and going home to bed..never again! (Always, always trust the mother instinct, it is God's gift).
Miraculously she slept all night. First this in the morning I jetted off with my sweet 20 month old to the dentist (whom is the best pediatric dentist in my opinion). He got her in for surgery that morning and Im pretty sure I was shaking from the nerves that they had to put my sweet girl under to fix her two teeth.. We prayed and waited.. everything went great, thankfully. {two baby root canals + crowns}. Zo coming out of anesthesia was the worst part.. it took over an hour for her to calm down and look us in the eyes.. once all of that was behind us we went home and relaxed for a couple days, she did so well, Aus and I were both really proud of our little girl!
Fast forward 2 1/2 years later- Those teeth really went the distance! Sep 2015 she tripped while running and one of the teeth popped out.. no bleeding or pain, just POP. In October I took her into the Dentist and he took the other tooth out.. my toothless 4 year old looked pretty adorable! After 5 weeks she finally was ready to get the impression done and have two front teeth again {thank heavens for amazing dentistry and being able to give her teeth again!}
The pediatric office I take my kids two has the coolest row of old school video games. Zoee is getting to be a champ at Pac Man.
We went out to breakfast after the big appointment to celebrate
Zoees dentist showing her how the new teeth will go in her mouth.. she was very brave and listened well! The teeth are connected to a partial which attaches two her back molars. Its permanent until her grown up teeth start coming in.
Zoee was being the biggest goof ball that morning! She had all of us laughing and smiling, this girl can pull lots of silly faces : )
That toothless grin!!
TA DA!!
I have to express my feelings about how this appointment went, and how it effected Zoee's .. well, Life! When both of her teeth were missing, she did not like to smile a lot unless her mouth was closed.she would do little grins, but not a lot of big, bright smiles that were so used to seeing our Zoee do. It made me sad.. she also mentioned a few times that she'd like her teeth back.
Right after the Dentist put her new teeth in, she let out a little nervous giggle, looked at me, and smiled so big my heart almost exploded! I started crying and so did she! We gave each other a giant hug..she looked in the mirror and could not stop smiling. We asked if she like her new teeth and of course she said YES! The next couple days she had to learn to talk with her new appliance in, but after that it was like those teeth belonged in her mouth.. I am so grateful she has her two front teeth back, and if you ask her, so is she : )