This is one of those times where I wish I could just unload everything that is on my mind and chest and feel completely at ease after doing it, I wish I could do it that easily. Writing is a great outlet for me, but most personal things I save for my journal writing where only my eyes are reading it. But today, Im going to write it on here, hoping that I can get all my feelings down. Here it goes...
{A series of Traumatic Events, told by me}
Sunday night: As we were leaving to go home from my in-laws house, getting Zoee into her car seat was a struggle. She was tired and just done for the night. As I have experienced before with Zoee, she was thrashing against me trying to avoid getting into her car seat. We both hated that seat that night. She whipped herself out of my arms and onto the floor board of the car. Banging her face onto the hard part where you get in at.. I saw nothing but my screaming child and blood gushing out of her face. Worst sight ever, because you still dont know what exactly happened, it happened so fast. I rushed her to the bathroom and tried to keep my cool while rinsing her with water to find where the blood was coming from. {Inside I was dying, wishing I could hurt.. instead of her} We both hurt that night. It was awful. I found the source; her tooth. Her adorable, precious front tooth. It was pushed way back, unlike her other bucky tooth, it didnt look the same.
As Austin tried to calm her down, which did help some, my immediate thought was to go to instacare. However, in the end we decided Tylonal and sleeping with mommy would probably be good for Zoee that night. Oh how I wish I had a dentist lined up to call that night.
Monday Morning: I got out a list of surrounding pediatric dentists I had gotten from our insurance company, I picked one at random. I know without a doubt Heavenly Father led me to that office, it was the right place to go for us for sure. When we got into the office I checked in and they took an x-ray on Zoee. She knew something was up, and had like 3 tantrums in an hours time. First time to the dentist over a traumatic incident is a scary thing! The dentist rocked, he knew what to do and I had no choice but to trust him, he was good. Having been through Dental Assisting school, I knew exactly all he was saying, I didnt like the words though. Heres how it went..
"Zoee you really bonked that tooth didnt you!" he checked her tooth..Zoee screaming.
"She was knocked he baby tooth completely out of the bone. The tooth is dead. Im glad its still in her mouth hanging on to the gums, but I need to put it back in its place".
It took a lot of strength not to freak out and cry, but I was Zoees rock, she was already crying enough for both of us.
I said,"Ok lets do it. Whatever will help her in the long run."
I held her as her head was on his lap, and boy that "pop, crack!" sound was horrible!! He said she would feel a lot of pain, just tingling & pressure because of the blood clot.
That made me feel better, hardly. Once the bleeding was better, and she had calmed down, the assistant made her a balloon to take.
Once we got home, I put her down for a nap and cried in the bedroom for a long time. Called me mom, cried to her, then my dad. Then took a 2 hour nap while Zoee slept. Even through this mess of things, Austin helped me look at the positive.
1. its a baby tooth. Thank heavens! Her permanent tooth should be just fine.
2. Were thanking our lucky stars for insurance.
Heres the plan: In two weeks the Dr will check to see if the tooth is stable. Even though it isnt attached to bone, we want to keep the tooth there. Next Zoee will go under Anesthesia while he does his great dentistry work. Baby root canal + cleaning tooth out, putting white filling in + place a white covering over tooth so it wont go gray.
Its a good plan, I am not for pulling the tooth, cause thats 5 years of having nothing to eat with! That front tooth, although small, is still very important. It will go a little yellow over the years, but at least she will be able to eat normal.
And that was our Monday folks!
Zoee is a happy camper and back to her happy self now, and this mom is a little emotionally exhausted. And Feeling much better about things now.. Being a mom sure is amazing, but along with the wonderfulness, is sadness, owies are going to happen. The reality of knowing I cant protect her from everything is hard sometimes..im so grateful that I get to be her mommy : )