Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Away Recap!

March 5th, the day I was born! Today is my 24th birthday, and I don't think It could have been more amazing.. This past weekend, I felt like a queen. Literally, I felt like reality was far behind me and I was in a dream like state where I felt like someone who had red carpet rolled out for. Want to hear about how our special anniversary/ birthday weekend went? I will tell you. It was nothing short of amazing. First of all, I want to thank my beyond giving, loving, thoughtful hubby of mine for taking so much time to plan all of this for me. It means more than you know!
I put his gift on the table so when he woke up he saw it. I got this idea from pinterest. I got 3 balloons since we've been married 3 years (march 7th) and then wrote a little note on why I love him and taped it to the balloon. He loved it and thanked me for the candy : ) 


After we dropped Zoee off at the grandparents, Aus and I headed to SLC. He surprised me with an hour long couples massage!! Oh.my.word. I was in heaven! Probably the best hour I've spent in my life with Austin. I didn't want to leave the place, it was so relaxing, they did amazing! After, we sat in huge comfy chairs and drank Chocolate/mint tea..delicious! Thank you babe! {I kicked myself for not bringing my camera but you can only take so many pictures of everything you do right?}


We stayed at the beautiful Embassy Suites in Downtown Salt Lake. Since Austin works for Hampton Inn, we got this for a fraction of the price : ) 

Pictures of Embassy Suites Hotel Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City
This photo of Embassy Suites Hotel Salt Lake City


We saw the wonderful Movie in the Joseph Smith Building about Joseph Smith and the restoration of the Gospel. This is such an amazing movie and you can't help but feel the spirit. I am in a state of watery eyes for the entire movie. It's pretty emotional. If you like, go to the link and watch it for yourself, it's one of the best movies I've seen. I love it. 


 Husband you get major points for scoring us a window seat!! Isn't it the most breath taking view of the Temple? I'm so happy we were able to be sealed for time and all eternity 3 years ago in that Temple. Now I really do feel like a princess : ) You really out did your self babe! 
 Waiting for our seat at The Roof! I had never been...{this was a surprise as well} I was so excited, cause I hear stories about the buffet food and how it's so delicious and you can't stop at just one plate, you go back several times! 
-Ya, we went back 6 times...SO good! Dessert got the best of me. I probably ate 4 different things!


I could stare at it all.day.long. So pretty and bright!
 I thought this was the most exquisite bouquet of flowers! So beautiful and full!
Of course I had to get a picture taken in front of theses gorgeous flowers... Austin was such a champ about taking so many photos...he knows how I am with the camera..kinda out of control. 


This pianist was one of my favorite things of the evening. She played so beautiful and so many great songs that everyone knows! {everyone who doesn't live under a rock that is}. To name a few... Adele, The Fray, Pride and Prejudice, Cold Play, Tim Mcgraw, Garth Brooks and more that i can't remember. She was flattered that I wanted to take a pic of her playing...notice how her piano is see-through? So cool! I'd love to own one someday Neat-0.




We were so happy to see this little gal when we got home!


Well, this about wraps up our perfect weekend. It honestly felt like we were honeymooning, then we remembered we had a baby waiting for us, and we started to miss her : ) Inbetween all these amazing surprises, we definitely got to catch up on Zzz's, snuggle in bed, swim, sleep some more, and just enjoy being together! What a great anniversary/birthday! Thanks darling, your the best husband ever!!
xoxoxo