Friday, October 14, 2011

One more mile

Today, I woke up with an intention of running. Last night I thought about running...at 6:30am. Did this happen. Negative. Zoee and I played the majority of the morning..when she took her nap, I cleaned the house etc. When she got up, Austin got home. I said to myself "This window of running oppurtunity will only last 1 hour" {since Austin had to leave again} I got on my running shoes and headed out the door.

By this time, it was 11:45...yikes, the sun. It.Was.Hot.
Dont get me wrong, its a beautiful, brisk fall day if your walking. But if your doing a jog, its sweat.
My Halloween 5k is just a short 2 weeks away! So I figure i'd better start working on 3 miles instead of the regualar 2 miles.

I ran the 2 miles without stopping like usual, then came rounding the third mile. OUCH. Sideache! I said A swear in my head. Pretty much the only swear I enjoy saying in my head...and It starts with a D. I just think its funny {if used in the right context}. I started doing a fast past walk, and the last leg of my run I picked back up into a jog.

I have my own little tradition, where I force myself to smile every once in a while during my run. Let people know im happy, even though what im doing isnt exactly easy peasy. When I come up to the house, I do my original "Whoot Whoot!" hands in the air thing. Haha. I feel proud of myself.

So from here on out, I will be running 9 miles a weeks, instead of 6. Im super excited to the 5k on Oct 29th! My mom is coming here from Idaho to run it with me. Cant wait!

Did I mention...Im going to dress as a lady bug? Ive got the who thing planned out...You'll have to check out pics when the race is here.

GO RUNNING! {Literally. It does wonders. }