Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Dad's first day of school and other happenings

I can actually say it now.. my husband is a teacher! I am seriously so proud of this guy for all the hours and hard work he has put in to get this job and to do his best at it. School started Aug 20th, I think I was more nervous for Austin to start teaching than he was. The day before school started, me and the girls went to the high school and helped decorate his classroom, several motivation and sport posters.. but my personal favorite was a giant picture of Elbert Einstein, that said l.e.a.r.n at the bottom. I strategically placed that right by the door so the students could see it everyday. 
We brought dad and ourselves a lunch, had a fun time meeting a few other teachers, learning more about what his general day will be like. I just cant believe its actually happening! Hooray for a salary and paid days off! 




 After the high school we went to one of our favorite spots in vernal, the fountains on main street. Lets just say its a free splash pad. The girls pretended they were wild animals and were hiding in the grass.. love those imaginations of theirs! By the time we were ready to go home they were soaking wet, it was fun! 

Have you ever watched the series "Friday night lights"? If not, do it! Its one of our favorite series on netflix, we have watched it twice and probably will watch it again in another year. Being in a small town where the majority of people in town go to the football games, support the team, and are fans of the game, I cant help but feel like were in some sort of a friday night lights episode ourselves! Sure, lots less drama.. Austin was on the front page of the newspaper and talk on the local radio each week about the upcoming game... I sort of love it. 



 Our little family went to the near by lake and played in the sand over the weekend.. bummer that the water line was way low and all the weeds and sticks made it a little hard to go in the water.. girls had fun though! Their top knots make me so happy inside : ) 


I post this pic of me at the gym, not because I look a little crazy, but because I made it to the gym!! This is a big deal... the kids did the day care for an hour and a half while I did the treadmill and bike while catching up on a show.. Im pretty sure I will do this more often..it was great! 

Wasps are evil. Navy's first wasp sting.. her leg got so swollen and tight I took her to the Dr, turns out she had cellulitis, which went away after about a week. Did I kill the wasp? You bet I did.. along with 3 of its friends. 

 Hitting up the splash pad while all the kids are back at school is kind of the best thing ever. We were the only ones there! 



Austins dad came to the last game and got a hotel with a pool, we went swimming for a couple hours and had a lot of fun! Im so impressed my Zoee and Navy's swimming skills. They are like little fish, pretty brave at jumping in and going under the water too. 
Fun times!