We are officially moved to Vernal!! The move went great. We had my in laws, our best friends, and some of the football boys all help us load up and unpack once we got there.. it was so helpful having lots of hands there! I absolutely love our cute home.. it is perfect for us! The past 5 years we have lived in a house {that was darling} but with no a/c and no dishwasher and no garage..guess what, we have all those things now! Heaven? I think so. This house is really going to help me enjoy vernal I think.. we are so blessed to have a great neighborhood, thats just enough out of town where I dont need to worry about the kids being in the yard alone for 5 minutes.. lots of parents to young kids around us, its really nice!
Austin started working as the head football coach at the end of May, he loves his job! He says its completely different than being assistant coach, but he is thrilled to be the coach, this is his dream job..im so proud of him for getting to this point! He has worked so hard, including always having a full time job and full time school. Even though we are literally living in the middle of no where, as long as were together as a family thats all that matters. Home is where the heart is.
The Past month has had its ups and downs.. homesick feelings, sad and lonely feelings, missing friends, just lots of emotions! Then the opposite.. excitement, happiness that we are moving forward in life, proud of the things we've accomplished, having a fresh start and making new friends. Once of the hardest things for me is almost everyday Zoee and I would be talking and she would say "mommy, I miss my friends, I miss our old house, I am sad". It made me feel even more depressed inside! We would cry together and I would try to comfort her. After a couple months she stopped saying that, and I stopped feeling all my sad feelings.. because we have made some terrific new friends, have gotten callings in our new ward, getting into a routine helps a lot.
Of course we still miss all our friends back home.. Provo will always have a dear place in my heart! I lived there for 8 years, and loved it! Our little family grew so much there.. I know that we will grow even more out here, and learn to love it eventually. Right now we are just happy, and that is great by me!
There arent a ton of things to do here, but we have discovered a few things that are pretty fun! Like going to the dinosaur museum, the lake, rec center, all the play grounds, splash pad, sometimes we visit dad at practice.. we stay home a lot too and play outside or enjoy our a/c unit! : )