Saturday, July 28, 2012

Timp Half Recap!





The Timp Half went beyond good, probably better than I had hoped!! I spent the night at my cousin Val's house, since we were running together. Lets just say we are both chatter boxes, we talked for a very long time that night..About so many good/interesting things! She married into the Heaps family as I did, expcept she's been in the fam for 12 years, me only almost 4 : ) It got the race off my mind, we laughed a lot, nothing more great than a great girl chat with lots of funnies in it. We went to bed at the early time of 12:30am...yikes! 


Our morning came quick with the 3:15am alarm going off annoyingly loud in my ear, so i'd actually wake up. Got ready, at breakfast along with a trusty Zip Fizz energy waker-upper. {I just said that.}We got on our bus at 4:30am, enjoyed a long, dark drive up the American Fork Canyon, still talk.talk.talking...love it! Val really helped me get through some mental blocks that morning, thank you! Got dropped off at the starting line, waited 45 cold min {As I thought I didnt need my jacket..pssshh, kicked myself for that one!} 


The race begun, we ran clear to mile 3 without stopping, YES! great start! Now, when you run down the canyon, your doing like 8 min miles without even trying, gravity pulls you. It was way nice! One thing I do have to mention that was totally ridiculous was, at Mile 7, they did.not.have.water..no H2O...!!! 
supposedly they ran out. We had to go from mile 5-mile 9 to hydrate. {enough with the ranting..}


At Mile 8, we are out of the canyon, I get a large burst of spaztic energy and used these God-given legs of mine to go go go. Val and I ended up running a very different end of the race, without eachother!..made me sad,but im glad I could really push my hardest. Between miles 9.5-11, I didnt stop. It hurt, but I did it. Worst.miles.EVER. {9-12} they were haynous!! {again, with my weird words}. At this point, I was honored to run with  marathon man! he kept my pace, we talked for a mile! He sprinted off, and I kept going.. I sawmthe people cheer and kept energy to finish! 


LOVED seeing that finish line, having a medal placed around my grose, sweaty neck. Im SO proud I did it, that I earned a PR time of ....
2 HOURS AND 26 MINUTES!
{estimated time, legit times come in later...}
It Always melts my heart when Zoee loves checking out my medal that Mom earned so good. I really love these races, I feel like a new person when I run them! I think im going to give my body a little break, not run another Half until the Halloween half. Enjoyed this race so much, it was hard and I couldnt be more proud of myself!!