3:20- wake up, eat a little oatmeal/fruit, get all ready
4:00- Went to Austins work and say goodbye to him before I left for the buses. It was going to be a long morning.
4:15-4:30 - All 3,000 of us crazy runners loaded onto 8, maybe 9 buses. It was a blast, everyone was very energetic {maybe it was just me?}I had 0 nerves, I was all excitement and ready to run!
5:15- Get to the top of the canyon, unloaded, used potties, tried to stay warm.
6:00- READY, SET, RUN!
Now I had the amazing opportunity to be in a group of 4 ladies. 3 of us were first timers to the half, Val has done a few, shes so awesome. We Started out good, it was pretty much downhill from a lot..I'll be short and say that pretty much the whole time we ran all we could then walked,and you know what, I just didn't give a darn about my time, I had such a complete blast running my little heart out and staying positive/energetic. I never got tired, or felt like a ran myself dead. This was a very good thing, now I want to run ALL the half marathons out there!! I'll admit, I think i'm ADDICTED! ...I said it..you happy? I am!! I'm going to do one more this summer, ill need to take my pick soon or else they will close under my nose. I'm so grateful I got to do this, my body can do this, i am extremely proud of myself! Thank you so so much for all you wonderful people who have supported and and given me words of motivation! I love you all!
As I neared the finish, about a mile out, I gave it my ALL! I sprinted towards the finish line, knowing Austin, Zoee and my in laws were there to cheer me on in my last leg of the race. First I saw Zoees beautiful face, then my inlaws, never did see Austins cause he had the camera video tapping me, bless his heart! that amazing man : )
I could have cried I was so happy, if there was any sweat left in me I would have!
This delicious cinnamon roll was my after race treat...mm so good!
It was a long morning for munchkin moo, no nap and all that cheering for mom tuckered her right out!
Aus got this on tape, I will be forever grateful!
...more race pictures to come soon!
those exciting ones while we were running : )





