Saturday, May 5, 2012

these shoes were made for runnin..and thats just what i'll do..

{did my post topic get you singing that one country song? or was it just me?}
remember in january i got horribly crippled by shin splints {aka the devil}? well, i am ecstatic to announce that i am healed! at the beginning of April, i started my slow, panting, sloth-like jog to get back to where i was before i was injured. it was tuff, maybe harder than the first time i tried running? {nope, i take that back, that was really tuff.} i eased into a slow jog alright, and pushed myself to running 2 miles without stopping..that was my first goal and i reached it. two weeks after that i figured i'd better step it up or else i wont be prepared for my 10k june 9th...3.8 miles-done. last week i accomplished 4.2 miles....do i dare take on the full 6? my friends, i did 6.2 miles, not only did i do it with only one stop at mile 3 to stretch, i did it in 49 minutes! thats a PR for me!! i was so happy...i got home, iced my shins, took a hot shower and felt great! im so proud of myself, and i cant wait {even more} to run my 10k, bring it on!
I'll be honest, I truly don't mind how long it takes me to finish the race, if its under an hour or two hours, I'll finish. I think about my hubby and Zoee at the finish line waiting for me and I get so giddy! I want to make them proud, and myself of course : ) Have a great weekend everybody!