Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May 1st!

I thought Id give a shout out to our little girl Zoee, since this is her month and everything. Yes, I am still pregnant... Zoee, here are a few reasons just why this month is so wonderful!
First of all- You are born in this month! That gives us reason alone to celebrate it! Birthdays are a special day. I think the day youre born is going to be one of the most special days of your parents lives. We are so excited to meet you and see what you look like. Count those fingers and toes and kiss them all! Its crazy that you can love something so much without even meeting them. I believe that we arent just meeting you for the first time, but reuniting here on earth with the beautiful bodies Hevenly Father gave us. Your dad and I are so blessed to be entrusted to raise you!

Second- Its your grandpa Parrish's birthday! His is on the 7th..which could very well end up being yours if you come later. Let me tell you this about your grandpa..he is the man! He is truly one of the best people I know and I dont have to say that just cause hes my dad. He has always understood me and we have a very close conncetion as father and daughter and friends. I know he just loves you so so much and cant wait to meet you just like everyone else! You can go to your grandpa for anything, I hope you know that. He is a one of a kind guy and were lucky to have him in our family.

Thirdly- It is Mothers Day. What a neat and special holiday to represent all the mothers and future mothers everywhere! I am so grateful to get to spend this Mothers day being a first time mom to you! I've been reflecting on womanhood, how sacred and special it is that us and only us women have the bodies to carry babies and bring Hevenly Fathers children here to Earth. As you get older, youll realize this for yourself too someday. I hope I can teach you the things you need to know and do to the very best to my ability. Im not perfect by any means. I know were going to be such a great team Zo. You and me forever!

Fourth- Susan G. Kolmen, Walk for the Cure- Now this wasnt something we did until May of 2010. Grandma Parrish was diagnosed with Breast Caner..it was a very hard time for our family. Lots of prayers, support, love, optimism. Your Grandma Parrish...there is no one word to describe her Zo. She is the most amazing, loving, charitable woman Ive ever known. And I get to say that because she is my mom,and your grandma. We are beyond blessed to have her in our family. She has the compacity of love that Ive never seen before. She makes people laugh cause she is so full of life and energy and humor! Definitley a good person to hang around.. Everyone knows her, and loves her. She is a magnetic person! Even though the battle with cancer was unbelieveably hard, and quite the struggle.. She made it through. With flying colors may I add! Your grandma Parrish rocks, and you should go to her with anything in life, she is full of great advice!

I think that pretty much sums up the month of May. Its going to be a great month. Even if you are 7 days late, past your due date, and making your mom and dads test of patience even more trying : ) You come when your ready sweetie. We get to spend eternity with you! Im so happy were sealed as a family. Were lucky to be welcoming you into our little family so so soon...please make it soon. I hope you enjoy this month of May post, its for you, to know what a special person you are and that this month is special. Especially your day that you came to us : )

I Love you very much Zoee! Love Mom : )